Alfa roads, hot dogs, & stuff (was - RE: Alfa and protectionism) <long>

Hmmm, let me think...are there any good roads around here?  Yeah I guess
there's a couple, maybe the Renton S-curves on I-405, I heard they sell
great chili dogs there ;-)  JK!!!

For real though, back in June Gordy and I covered thousands of miles (just
under 5500 to be exact) while traveling to and from the Kansas City
convention.  Some of the roads did get a little monotonous in the Mid-West:
Go straight 50 miles, 90 degree left turn, go straight 5 miles, 90 degree
right turn, continue straight ahead.  I should scan in some of the road trip
pics I have at my desk here and offer them to those who would like a look.
>From my limited driving experience (9 years & est. 200k miles) I've covered
many great roads.  Most of 'em have been in the Northwest & northern
California.  With the Western half of the U.S. (Canada included) having
multiple mountain ranges running north - south, you're bound to find endless
twisties.

There are many hopped up euro sedans lurking, many of them flogged
mercilessly.  One problem I find with my 164S is that I need a lot of high
speed sweepers to have any real fun, which is not a problem.  Driving over
the mountain passes is quite exhilarating.  Ahh, can't wait for the North
Cascades Passes to open in the Spring.  Check out a detailed map of the
Northwest corner of the US and you'll see there are endless possibilities
for driving excitement, con brio!

Yes a majority of all cars (ok trucks) are autos with a bazillion cupholders
and McDonalds garbage lying about.  Yes, most cars here What, you don't like
that wallowing sea sick ride while munching on your hot dog and washing it
down with a Super Big Gulp. To those unfortunate peoples who are unaware of
what a SBG is I'll tell you.  They are available at 7-11, THE convenience
store.  You have about 10 choices of pop (not soda!) to fill your 44oz
thirst quencher.  It's a giant red cup with a straw 3ft long and I think
construction workers get them for free ;-)  7-11 also has awesome chili dogs
and nachos.  What a cool place, pull in usually to the front door, grab your
pop, junk food & Lotto tickets, and be outta there in less than 4 minutes to
go hit some twisties.

Last thing, 10 lanes of boring freeway becomes quite exciting when you spice
it up with some good 'ole road rage!

Cheers,
Zach
Redmond, WA (fantastic twisties 10min away)
'91 164S
'76 Alfetta GT - for sale CHEAP
'00 Suzuki SV650