Still more Spider Rattles

Wow. So many Spiders with rattles! Ken Ross described his in a way that seems
to match the rattle I had.

> I too have a rattle in my spider, but it seems to be coming from a different
>  location than previously mentioned.  The noise seems to be coming from the
>  front passenger foot well (perhaps the noise is in the engine compartment?)
>  and sounds like a piece of sheet metal vibrating loudly against something.
>  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ken, it sounds like your exhaust heat shield may be loose or cracked. To fix
mine, I wrapped a long strap clamp (the kind you screw together) around the
shield and snugged it up. Rattle gone. Give it a look.

Bob Rice
Tampa FL
86 Spider