Re: Help Needed Upgrading 14" to 15" Wheels

See below:

Ken Ross wrote:
>1. Can anyone recommend a good 185/70 14 all season tire for the Spider?

No. You're right. The selection of 14" tires is pretty slim.

>2. Are all Alfa 15" wheels the same or do I have to stick with the Spider
>Quad. 15" wheels?

Well, the Alfetta, GTV6, Milano, and 164 have different bolt circles from
the Spider, so the only decent 15" wheels you could fit probably would
come off a Spider. You could also go aftermarket. I like Panasports.

>3. Will the 15" wheels make the speedometer and/or odometer read high or
>low?

It depends more on the tire. If you fit 195/60-15 tires, there will be no
noticeable difference. The 195/65-15 tire will only give about 3% error
(low speedo) from the 185/70-14 you started with.

>4. Can I use 195/65 15 tires on my stock 14" wheels?  With this cause the
>speedometer/odometer to read high or low?

Absolutely not. You can't put a 15" tire on a 14" rim. It won't fit. No
tire shop will mount them this way.