Re:GTV6 Window Motor

Aaron,
On my 81, the passenger side motor seized.  I took the door apart and took
out the motor/winder assy..  The shaft was rusted and pitted but everything
else was OK.  Took it apart (2 or 3 long bolts) and cleaned and lubed
everything.  Re-assemble and it works great!  The biggest pain is
rethreading the winder cable - hint wind up the cable on the drum then put
some masking tape on it to hold it in place while you thread the cable the
cable around the pulley and clamps.
Good Luck
Frank

- ------------------------------
>Subject: GTV6 Window Motor
>Hello all,
>This is my first post about my first Alfa. The drivers side window in my
>GTV6 has decided to stop working. The switch works and there is power at
>the connector on the door. Is there a way to check the motor and is it
>possible to replace brushes, etc in the unit.
>One more thing, the owners manual states there should be two 16a fuses for
>the windows but in the location indicated I found two 30a relays, pulling
>these relays did not disable the pass. side window. Any ideas as to what
>gives?
>Aaron
>81 GTV6

74 GTV, 81 GTV6