Ebay phenomenon

First of all, I admit it. I'm hooked on Ebay auctions, but
some of the prices for items sold there lately defy reason.

Example 1: There is a USED copy of Pat Braden's fine Alfa Romeo
Owner's Bible on Ebay now with high bid of $29. This book can be
purchased today from Amazon for $23.96. Why would anyone pay $29
for used book that can be purchased new for $24?

Example 2: Fifteen year old Duetto head light covers that
are obviously yellow and scratched in the photo sold for
$122.50 a pair.

Example 3: A 1750 factory manual (Spica tech characteristics
and principal inspection specifications) sold for $30. This
book (and a whole lot more material) is contained in the AROC
Spica Tech Notes book for $20.

And some say Alfa owner's are cheap. Not on Ebay!

All I can say is "It's good to be the seller."

Rich Hirsch
St Louis MO