Re: Italian Know How v US no how

Michael

First of all. Come down off the roof. It's going to be alright. Now, could
you please provide all the relevant facts and statistic when you rant.

Mr. Smith observed:

"By now everyone who is interested will know that the Italians blew the
Americans out of the water on the Hauraki Gulf in New Zealand.
...America is falling behind... even though an American coached the
Italians, an American helped design their boat, etc etc , the world is
shrinking and the US is showing signs of withdrawing from the competition.
BTW, the Americans had several "foreigners" on their teams as well,
including a couple of New Zealanders, one a helmsman and another a
strategist.... hmmmm."

Yes, well , and I take the typical American view here. "What's the Americas
Cup? We've had it how long? Who cares?" To add a little fact to the matter.
The lead designer of the boat is American and has previously designed the
Black Magic and America3. What are they you ask? Just the previous two Cup
winners.

Mr. Smith goes on to provide:

"Ferrari is on top of the Formula One circus with its constructor's title,
narrowly missing the driver's title with Schumy hitting the wall at
Silverstone. By comparison, CART is for kids. Formula One drivers clean up
when they come to CART, the reverse doesn't happen except for one notable
exception: Jacques Villeneuve proved he can really drive, if he gets a car
that is strong enough."

Hmmm. Let's see. The Ferrari chassis is designed by an Englishman and