RE: Alfa / Fiat / DC/(ford)

> Ho hum.  Then explain this to me.  If the GTV and Spider are built to meet
> US specs, then why can't you simply import one to the US, register it and
> drive it?  Is it something to do with Fiat?  Or is it something to do with
> the US government?

"Designed to meet US specs" and "passed US emissions and crash tests" are
two different things.

Question - for *any* imported car that has to pass emissions testing there
is some number of years/miles that the manufacturer, or some dealer, has to
warranty the emissions equipment.  Who covers this for a car that is
singularly imported by an individual?

bs