Re: Alfa and Audis and new cars

I don't know how anyone woud seriously compare Alfa to Audi. Audi are so much
more cerebral than the latin soul of Alfa. One other bad thing about the A4's
is they have four doors but an almost impossibly small backseat. Even worse
in the S4 version with the larger front seats.

Don't get me wrong if you think I'm saying that Audi makes bad cars, the S4
an A6 2.7T are a lot better than driving the usual SUV  driving around the
Silicon Valley and everywhere these days. They just don't have much feel like
Zamani was talking about, though how many modern cars do anymore?

I was looking for a car to replace the 164 with but can't find anything I
like. I drove a 2000 e46 BMW coupe and if BMW driver's are "10 years younger
than other luxury car owners" they must be 70. What a bland car that looks
good on paper with 50:50 weight distribution and aluminum suspension
components. What ever happened to the fun E30 M3 of the late 1980's or even
the "yuppiemobile" E36 M3?

I wish they made cars like the VW GTI 16v which had  a great  combination of
fun and practicality.

The Ford Focus hatchback is probably the best driving car for the money I've
driven recently. This car has a great handling even on it's lousy OEM tires.
It even has a rear end that takes a little from the Alfa 145 in the rear
glass has a V shape to it.
Amazingly good for the money and probably will become "tuned" by the import
modifiers.

I think the only way to make cars that enthusiasts will want to buy in the
future will be through modifying cars through tuners like ABT and AC
Schnitzer. We make up to a little of a market for the major N.A. automakers
to care.

Louis Franklin
San Jose, CA

92 164 Lusso
91 164 Sportivo (with recently added italian license plate stacked on the
rear)