Towing w/'83 Spider? Also other questions

1.	I have been given a small 14 ft. sailboat and I need to put a
trailer hitch on one of the cars.  I am loathe to put a hitch on my accursed
Honda Accord (the Accord from H*ll) since I do not want to put any $$ into
that car.  The boat weighs 350 lb without a trailer and I was wondering if a
hitch can be put on a Spider?  I recall that John H. trailered around Europe
with a Berlina, but I don't recall any discussion about Spiders.
2.	The time has come to replace the rear springs on my Spider.  I got
the springs from AlfaBill (good price, fast shipping), along with the
SuperPro poly bushings, but I do have some trepidation about how to proceed.
For example, does the weight have to be off the rear axle by jacking it up
using a floor jack under the differential, or does one jack it up on the
jack points?  Any step-by-step procedural help would be greatly appreciated!

Bill