Re: Alfas and Audis

I think my next car will be either an E36 BMW M3 (if I feel like wasting some money)
or a 164 Q (with euro lights, lowered and 16" speedlines ;-) ).Heck, I'll even
consider an Integra Type-R 8-))). I think the M3 may be a little more isolated than
the Milano, but I believe the Audi would isolate me even more from my driving
environment. Good thing I will still have this Milano around.

Anyway, I've driven my housemate's A4 1.8T FWD. Good solid car. That's about all.
Engine is gutless and whiney, let me have the 16V Alfa, that thing barks at you. I
guess you can chip the Audi and slap on a T3 turbo, but the car lacks feel. Given the
choice between a 155 16V or an A4 1.8T, I'll take the 155. Turbo is not a problem,
novitec sells the turbo kit. Unfortunately, there aren't any 155s here. So it's a
moot point I guess for us States side. I'm sure the S4 is in a totally different
league (250 bhp, what do you expect?), but certainly not something I would consider
buying. Even an Audi salesperson told me it is only 9/10th of what the M3 is on the
track. It's too bad because on paper, the S4 seems to offer more than an M3 at a
better value.

I've driven a 156 Selespeed, an A4 1.8T and an E46 328i. In terms of feel, the Alfa
just wins. No contest. That's what I need to go fast, lots and lots of feel. Yeah I
know I like the extra power, but for me, feel is more important and the Alfa image is
even more important! 8-). That's why back home, I seldom ever drive my dad's E34
525iA, I feel like I'm 50 or something. I need my 155 V6. The sound is just awesome.
Oh yeah, the sound thing, until I can find another 6-cyl that is as vocal as the Alfa
V6....Audi V6 is too smooth and lacks gusto.

Now, put in 250 bhp worth of an Alfa 1.8 Turbo motor in my Milano and we'll see what
any of those ABT, TAP, Neuspeed A4 1.8T can do, Not much. "vorsprung duh! technic"
(or whatever). Just kidding. 8-)