RE: electronic ignition for duetto

Dan Walker wrote:
 =

>> Well, I talked to Pertronix today and they said that their
product (which fits inside the distributor ) doesn't have an
application for my car. <<

When I dealt with Pertronix a few years ago, they had a
module for the Bosch disty, but not Marelli. My '66 and
'67 cars both had Bosch JF4 distys, but I guess you have
Marelli.

Anyway, perhaps Pertronix is not the best solution as =

there was at least one complant about Pertronix reliability
posted on this list lately.

>> I don't want to buy a whole new distributor, just get rid
of the points. I'm hoping to find one that doesn't have a box
I have to hide (I'm trying to keep the car as original looking
as possible). <<

I currently use Crane Cams XA-770 elect. ignition in the '67
and '78 spiders with Bosch JF4 disty and Bosch Blue coul. This
setup works very well. There is a control box to hide, but
there's so much extra space in the nose of a Spider, it's easy.
Just mount the box in the nose.

Good luck,
 =

Rich Hirsch