Advice - Mad at Dealer

Digesters -

I need advice. I'm having some stuff done to my 91 Spider (I am a pure
checkbook mechanic) and the shop noticed that my pinion seal was
leaking. I think, "No biggie, I've had it done before." So they proceed
to do the job and they find that the filler hole on my differential is
stripped down to ONE THREAD!! Yay, a nice little time bomb! They say
they have a fix that will not require me to purchase a nice shiny new
housing ($800) and they can do it while they have the rear-end apart to
replace all my bushings with Super-Pros (thanks Alfa Bill). Cool, save
some hours. But, I have a pretty good feeling that my now-previous shop
did this to my car. They did my 30K service, so they replaced the
diff-fluid at that time AND not too long after that I noticed my
differential leaking so they replaced the seal. So, I think a ham-handed
wrench hosed the threads! As I said, this is my ex-shop (I will not name
names, as I do not bash publicly remember) they have pissed me off a few
times - why I returned I do not know!

My question is this - Are they the likely culprits OR can this problem
mystically happen as some sort-of cosmic karma pay back for my stupidity
of using a shop I lost respect for? If it was their fault, does anyone
want to join me while I egg their stupid shop? (that's as violent as I
get)

Thanks!

And yes, I'm back. Zach is cool, his mouth and his brain just need a
timing job to be synched up. :)
- --
Sidney Stafford
1991 Spider Veloce - Hangin' On By a Thread (literally)
ITSAFUN

End of alfa-digest V7 #1326