Re:Copper pipe and trunnion bushing thread

Hi,

I would not use copper but cunifer, which should be readily
available in the uk as it's used all over europe for brake
and fuel lines.  Copper doesn't have enough fatigue resistance
and should be supported much more than the original steel
or cunifer line if you absolutely have to use it.
Cunifer is some sort of alloy which includes copper for
corrosion resistance but doesn't corrode.

While I'm writing, I'd like to ask for info on a previous thread
about polyurethane trunnion to diff bushings on 105 series cars:
Something went past the alfa digest not that long ago regarding
desintegrated light grey poly bushings from Alfa Ricambi, and
I haven't found it in the archives after searching August to
December.  I thought that either Dana Loomis or Bob Brady
was involved in the initial comment but I checked with Dana
and it wasn't him - I don't have Bob Brady's email in my files...
Does this ring a bell anyone?
My brother asked Ricambi about this at Christmas and he
was told that the light grey bushings were an "improvement"
over the previous red poly bushing (which is on my gtv)
which was said to be too hard!
Anybody have negative experience with this bush?

Thanks muchly,
Neil

Aachen Germany
grey and rainy as usual +6C

> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 19:40:38 +0000
> From: jonathan coates <alfa@domain.elided>
> Subject: Copper pipe for fuel suction pipe?
>
> Anybody have a good reason for using or for not using copper pipe to
> replace the pipe from the tank to the fuel pump on a carburettor car?
> My 33 wagon has decided to leak big time after I de-mothballed it today
> to use while my 75 is off the road.
> TIA
> - --
> jonathan coates