33 Cloverleaf veloce for scrap...

It is likely that, due to some accident damage, the insurance company
will write off my G reg 33.  It has some front end damage which has been
quoted at =A3900 plus parts (by a front line body shop).  Parts will be
both headlights and the front bumper - which is one of those deep veloce
ones.  Structural damage is limited to a very very slight splitting of
the front of the main box members that run up to the front at teh bottom
of the radiator.

Question is is anyone interested in this car if/when we are offered it
for scrap.  It is likely short term that we will buy it and still run it
(this is Ok if it passes MOT - headlights are OK - an old scrap one has
been fitted and it is only a mount that has broken on the other).

The car itself is in that champagne silver/gold and has done 106k
miles.  There is virtually no rust, apart from a touch at the bottom
corners of the rear window.  It has always passed MOTs withgout any
problems, but was due a service that obviosuly I haven't done.  Only
major work was half an engine rebuild when a tensioner seized two years
ago.

I am sure that it could get back on the road for a lot less than is
quoted, or someone may want it for parts.  I am not looking to make
money on this, just would rather not see it scrapped - I have had it 5.5
years.

Thanks

Andrew

- --