Re: GTV-6 Fuel Pump Prices?

JOlson1967@domain.elided writes:

>I need a new fuel pump for an '84 GTV-6.  Anyone know of an inexpensive
>source?  IAP and a few others all want $176.50 or more!  Ouch!

Ask your local parts guy (at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc.) to look up a price
for a generic L-Jetronic fuel pump between 1981 and 1985.  If he's not
creative enough to do that, ask him to look up the pump for, say, a 1981 VW
Rabbit.  Compare that to yours.  You may find that it's exactly the same
pump, and less expensive.  No guarantees here, but it's worth checking.

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco