sticking Spider pedal

> I just had a valve job done on my 88 spider graduate and it is running
> great. We actually sent it to centerline and had all new valves installed.
> The problem I am having is this; The accelerator seems to be almost
> sticking. When you push down on the pedal it seems to be very hard to push
> and then it will finally accelerate. Anyone have any ideas about what might
> be causing this? Thanks for any advice.
>                                      Nancy Barnes
>    Almost nice enough here on the Mississippi coast to put the top down.

Nancy,

You can try lubing the points on the firewall where the
linkage operates, sometimes causes a tough pedal, as well as
hte linkages themselves. Also, if anyone has move the
throttle plate adjustment screw, to below minimun tolerance,
the butterfly in the throttle body can stick in the hole and
make it tough get off idle.

Most of the time I find this to be a need for a thin grease
type lube on the pivot points of the linkage.

AB
- --
AlfaBill http://mastroalfa.com
SuperPro Urethane, Magnecor Wires,