higher voltage regulator

I rea somewhere that it is possible to purchase higher voltage - voltage regulators. Does anyone know where? I belive this would help my dead battery problems up here in upstate New York. Also, could a mastery battery switch (read: cheap one from an auto store that attaches directly to battery) help this condition also?
Thanks,
Jeff
1986 GTV6 snow mobile with dead battery. . . again!
1969 GTV storage mobile, waiting for spring