re: hardtop

Robert writes:
"Living on the US west coast, I have a different perspective on the
Spider's hard top.  I've found that in the summer when the sun's
beating down it gets pretty hot with the black soft top so close to
my head.  The hard top eliminates this completely."

WHOA! Robert! Don't take this wrong but why have a convertible at all if you
are going to leave a hardtop on it during the prime summer months? Your GTV6
is your hardtop car! I do occasionally put the top up in REALLY hot weather
(100+ degrees F) if I'm going a long distance and want to arrive with brain
cells intact. I find that the soft top does make a BIG difference in making
hot weather driving  comfortable... The Spider is so much more enjoyable with
the top down that I find I choose another car if the weather isn't conducive
to wind through the hair.

The downside to Spiders with hardtops? Most people never go to the trouble to
remove the top when the weather is nice.

Michael Williams
Sacra-freakin'-hot-in-the-summer-mento, California
69 Duetto
84 GTV6