Re: hardtop

Yup, I heard that one coming from a mile away.  The downside you
speak of is absolutely right.  That's why a few months back I started
investigating ways to rig a hard top hoist in my garage.  I'm still
working it out in my head, but hopefully by spring I'll be hauling
that top up for the season.

  -Robert (San Jose, CA, US)
   85 GTV6
   87 Spider Quadrifoglio

>Robert writes:
>"Living on the US west coast, I have a different perspective on the
>Spider's hard top.  I've found that in the summer when the sun's
>beating down it gets pretty hot with the black soft top so close to
>my head.  The hard top eliminates this completely."
>
>WHOA! Robert! Don't take this wrong but why have a convertible at all if you
>are going to leave a hardtop on it during the prime summer months? Your GTV6
>is your hardtop car! I do occasionally put the top up in REALLY hot weather
>(100+ degrees F) if I'm going a long distance and want to arrive with brain
>cells intact. I find that the soft top does make a BIG difference in making
>hot weather driving  comfortable... The Spider is so much more enjoyable with
>the top down that I find I choose another car if the weather isn't conducive
>to wind through the hair.
>
>The downside to Spiders with hardtops? Most people never go to the trouble to
>remove the top when the weather is nice.
>
>Michael Williams
>Sacra-freakin'-hot-in-the-summer-mento, California
>69 Duetto
>84 GTV6

  Robert Abatecola       | Internet Connectivity, VPN, DSL, ISDN,
  The Stradivarian Group | Low Cost Web Hosting, Network Consulting,
  (408) 257-4482         | Software Development, Database Development,
  robert@domain.elided       | Mac OS/UNIX/Linux/Windows, Sys Admin