Re: Air Plumbing

Terry writes:
 <<
 I have a 5.5hp/30 gal compessor in my basement and I want to run air into the
 garage.  Does anyone have any recommendations for the type of pipe to use -
 copper?  black pipe?    I have to run it about 30 feet.

I've always used galvanized water pipe with brass connectors to plumb my
compressors and never had a problem.  We get rather humid summers and the
compressor tends to pull a lot of moisture from the air.  I believe you will
have problems with rust if you use just black gas pipe, which is not
corrosion resistant.  I don't know what copper is rated for psi, but I sure
wouldn't want to be around when one decides to burst a seam.....

Darren