Milano Brake Bleeding

Sandro.Marcantonio wrote about difficulties in getting a proper peddle
after bleeding the rear calipers on the Milano.  A possible cause that
I've found relates to the installation of new calipers.  I believe that
when new calipers are installed, there are small air bubbles that
actually cling inside the new hardware when it is first wetted.  I had
this same frustration when I installed new calipers on both of my
Alfas.   I ran quarts of fluid through and couldn't get a good peddle.
The solution was to drive it a bit (carefully) with the low peddle and
then come back and bleed again.  The driving part seems to knock the
stubborn air loose (there is something pot holes are good for!). In my
case the air came out quite quickly when bled the final time after
driving.

Gerry Lehmann
'85 & '86 GTV6s