164 Questions

A)     I just bought a nice 164L auto trans which the PO
thought was possessed, as it would start to accelerate
without notice and not give up easily.

Since it's in Philadelphia, and I'm in Florida, I haven't
seen it yet, but curious if anyone has had this "get up and
go" problem with their 164L auto trans car. I'm guesing
either an accelerator cable binding or the cruise control is
engaging for some reason. (PO didn't know it had cruise)
Seems well maintained, but things happen.

Hopefully, I'm going north to rescue the car from my
father's parking lot, who admittedly isn't a fan, but thinks
164s are nice cars. I have to convince him that the 19 year
old Subaru wagon I'm bringing him as a "gift" is much nicer
and more practical. Hmmm.

B)    New Jersey Digesters: Anyone know if NJ DMV will sell
a 5 day one way  "transit tag" for removing a car from New
Jersey?

Thanks in advance
- --
AlfaBill '91 168, '91 164L, '88 SAAB 900T conv.'71 VW Westy
http://mastroalfa.com