Re: No oil pressure on GTV6

Thanks to everyone who responded to my initial questions on this
matter.  I have the new sender for the gauge and a nice stubby 14mm
wrench.  As soon as I figure out how to clean the area thoroughly
(it's a bit tight in there) I'll swap the senders.

Aside from draining all the oil out of the engine and driving to see
if the light comes on (har har), how can I test the oil light sender?

  -Robert (San Jose, CA, US)
   85 GTV6
   87 Spider Quadrifoglio

>Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:39:56 EST
>From: Pottree@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: alfa-digest V7 #1301
>
>Yes, the senders have a finite life span, though I seem to have better
>longevity that seed-in reports.  It's not a huge deal.  There are separate
>senders for the oil press. light and for the gauge.  When the one for the
>light goes, sometimes oil seeps out around the sender.

  Robert Abatecola       | Internet Connectivity, VPN, DSL, ISDN,
  The Stradivarian Group | Low Cost Web Hosting, Network Consulting,
  (408) 257-4482         | Software Development, Database Development,
  robert@domain.elided       | Mac OS/UNIX/Linux/Windows, Sys Admin