Re: alfa-digest V7 #1306

In a message dated 01/28/2000 8:13:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< 1984 GTV6.  Runs great, starts fine!  BUT! When it
 idles for any length of time it starts popping,
 running rough and quits. It seems to run if I rev it
 over 3000 or so, but as soon as you try to drive it,
 and it falls below that, it loses power, runs very
 rough and sputters to a stop.  It will restart and run
 fine after sitting for a half hour or so. Drive in
 lines at banks/fast food... traffic jams...  are
 deadly!!!  No matter what the weather.   >>

On the Milano I had a couple of incidents w/ similar symptoms.  If everything
is hunky dory until the car gets hot, check the coolant temp sensor and its
connections.  If this happens at unpredictable intervals when it's hot, check
the fuel cutoff needle inside the AFM.  It may be something else, but both of
these are easy to check and rectify and can cause glitches as you describe.
Please do not tell my GTV6 about this!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA
84 GTV6