Mobil 1

A friend of mine, as a Christmas present gave me 2 5 gallon containers of
Mobil 1  oil.  I've heard, I forget where thats it better to let an engine
"break in" on dino oil before going to a synthetic.  Is this true or an old
wive's tale?  I believe Chevy ships Corvettes with Mobil 1 from the factory.
Any comments.
The reason I'm asking is that I'm in the final stages of bolting on a new
Stage 3 Sperry head onto my Verde.  I plan on starting up the engine on the
oil thats been in there and then running it up to temperature, checking for
leaks and then putting in new oil and a filter.  Does this sound logical?
Should I use the Mobil 1 or wait for some break in period on the rebuilt
heads using dino oil?

Thanks for all comments

Tony Brucia

PS: Full report on things when everythings back together which might not be
until spring with the weather here in NY!