Re: alfa-digest V7 #1299

In a message dated 01/26/2000 9:50:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< well, i got *my* gtwe6 back monday - yeehaaaa!

 one person's opinion
 dug "wish i could afford another gtwe6" sedon

What a paean to the GTV6!

On that topic: one petty annoyance on my 84 vintage is that the little
adhesive square that affixes the heavy rear view mirror to the windshield
(parabrezza) has a very limited lifespan, which is further shortened if the
car is parked for any time in the sun.  Then, either I have to pull it off
when it's hanging by a thread, or risk it falling off and either breaking or
breaking my hand if it should be in the way.  I keep a supply of adhesive
factory squares in the glove compartment, and have tried other solutions, but
nothing seems to last more than a year or so at most.  The 84 is one of the
years which has the radio antenna applied in conductive paint to the inside
of the windshield, and of course the mirror mounts right over the antenna.
Anyone found a better solution?  Typical r.v. mirror adhesives are clearly
made for mounting vastly lighter mirrors, like the little cheapo ones on
Fords.

Charlie

LA, CA, USA

84 GTV6