Alfas in Snow

Having driven through one of Philadelphia's twice-per-decade snow storms yesterday(12-18 inches, in a place where the mere THREAT of snow has people emptying out the local supermarket and cowering under the daybed in terror), I can attest that the 164 handled it like a champ.

Now maybe it has something to do with the fact that I learned to drive in snow in Buffalo NY in mid-'70s Detroit rear-wheel drive iron, but that can't be the whole story -- the 164 simply was easily able to get through some nasty spots that gave the local SUV crowd much difficulty. Having a 5-speed and snow tires really helped, too.

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA