Jumping Tach.

My Milano tach has been reading about 30 percent low for a while now, while I
haven't gottten around to recalibrating the adjustment screw, something strange
has been happening the past couple of days. I'll be cruising along and all of a
sudden the needle jumps up noticeably, whether or not it goes to the correct
reading I can't tell as it's all very brief. This appears to have the symptoms
of bad electrical  connections. Has anyone had similar experiences? Any idea
where to check?
BTW, it's  been raining here those last two days.

Re: Bill's Micro rant, I am a college student and own a Milano and agree with
Bill that it's becoming increasingly hard (read:expensive) to keep it right, I
hope not to have to part with it as I do love it, but I am not "loaded" as Bill
said, and have to consider this as well.

Giovanni
88 Verde
Southern California (yes, it does rain here too)