Re: Vehicular keystones

On my wife's Benighted Motor Wagon, it got to a point where the service
light could not be reset. When a car is in for a major tuneup, one
would assume the dealer would reset the light. After complaining about
it, and then taking it back to be reset, we found out they needed to
replace the service light board. In order to do this, they have to
pull the steering wheel, and the instrument cluster. The real killer is
that there is usually nothing wrong with the board. There is a NiCd
battery on the board that keeps it alive when the car's battery gets
taken out. The NiCd battery is considered non-replaceable by BMW. There
are directions on the web for how you can do this yourself, but having
to pull the entire instrument cluster, and the wheel because it's in
the way, just to replace a stupid small battery???!!?? Sheesh.

OK, it's not an Alfa, but the good news is we got rid of that miserable
excuse for a car.

Here's another one. To replace a Lotus Elan water pump, pull the engine.

End of alfa-digest V7 #1296