Re: alfa-digest V7 #1294 - pre-purchase of 1990 Spider

Russ,

Excellent reminder that with Alfa, one should be careful no to speak in
absolutes.  Come to think of it, I remember seeing the electric cooling fan in
an '89 or '90, as well.  And my '86 had the soft, '83-'95-type rear spoiler, as
opposed to the proper '86 hard spoiler (but does have the '86 interior).

So Ken, be advised that all of the changes I mentioned are associated with the
evolution of the late '80's spiders to the early '90's spiders, and didn't
necessarily happen simultaneously.

Russ, the literature on the '94 is pretty amazing.  Yes, you'd think they'd
figure out the compression ratio of engine tune they'd been seeling for (at
least) 3 years (who knows what might've been in some of the 1990 cars...)

Hal