Windscreen gaskets

Chip-

I think you're out of luck for a DIY windscreen. What you see are really
trim stips just to hide the gap between the windscreen and the body.
The windscreen itself is glued to the window frame with a special 2-part
hardening glue (hence that funky black band around the outside edge of
the glass) so it's best left to professionals. I've replaced a couple of
windscreens and the installer said that this type of bonding is to make
sure that there're no leaks and, in some cases, to add rigidity to the
structure.

At least it was that way on my NAS '86 and '88, so I can't see '87 being
much different if you are the US or Canada. I don't know about other
countries.

Good luck
- --
Jim Roth, White Rock (Los Alamos) NM USA
'94 Land Rover Discovery
'90 MBZ 300TE 4Matic
'88 ALFA Romeo Milano Verde (75/3.0QV), maybe FS soon
'85 Maserati BiTurbo