Re:Child seat tether

>Does anybody know if there is a spot on the Milano for a
>child seat tether anchor? I am hoping there is one between
>the rear seats. Has anybody installed one, the rear parcel
>shelf doesn't look like it has the strength for it.
>Carson Damm
>Ft. McMurray, AB, Canada
>87 Alfa Milano Platinum

I think the rear parcel shelf is lots strong enough for the top tether for a
kid seat. The seat belt does most of the work and should be really tight.
Seems to me that the tether is more for stability.

Not wanting an ugly big hole in the parcel shelf deck, I went looking for a
less permanent mount. If you look in the first aid kit or headphone box (or
whatever you call it :-) you'll find knock outs for the wiring for the
headphones. My gold version doesn't have the headphones so there was no
wiring there. Poke one out (it's a replaceable plastic piece) and just on
the other side you'll find a nice hole through the parcel shelf. Pull down
the carpet in the trunk and you'll have access to the other side of the
hole. Use a couple of big washers to spread out the load and you can bolt in
the tether anchor. Worked for me -- the kids survived and the anchor is
still there although the seat is long gone.

Yours in Alfas,
John Pickering
Toronto

p.s. what happened to Bill's SS?