Re: Several 164 Glitches

Lawrence wrote: "I just replaced the O2 sensor with a generic one.  How can
I tell if the catalytic converter has gone bad?"

The recent 164 O2 sensor/smog test thread addressed this situation somewhat.
I found a smog station willing to do an unofficial pre-test for emissions
both before and after replacing my O2 sensor. If you can be sure your O2
sensor is working- no 1223 code, rich-running problems, etc. I would suggest
running the car for a few days to help the cat. clear out, then getting a
station to run a smog test. If you are certain that the sensor is good, the
plugs are clean, you have no vacuum leaks, fuel injection troubles and no
air intake problems, the emissions test can help check the health of you
converter.

Rich Lasner
92 164S Red
AROC