Re: Convertible top

Fred,

You might talk to a shop about replacing the window.  I'm not sure, but
I believe that this is at least not unheard of.  However, if you're
thinking about installing the top yourself, you may find that having the
window replaced approaches the cost of a new Caribou top.  Just a guess;
check for yourself.

I bought a Caribou top last summer.  I'm reasonably pleased with it.
However, I think that MUCH of the experience with a new top depends on
the quality of the installation.  Mine was decent, but not perfect it (I
had done professionally).  I believe there are people on the list who've
done it themselves; hopefully some of them will chime in.  I think I
remember people saying that you should expect it to take a weekend the
first time to do it properly, and that it should be done in good
weather.

Hal