Marvel Mystery Oil & Spica

   My understanding of the original advice to use MMO in Spica injected cars was that it wasn't to substitute for lead - after all, as many have posted, leaded fuel has been virtually extinct in the US for years.  Rather, it was to combat some of the adverse effects of the new formulation oxygenated fuels.

   For a more in-depth discussion of why these new fuels could be bad for Spica, I direct you to:

http://www.speedquest.com/ara/TOC/Cams/contents/UpOnJacks/jack0796.htm

   As usual, normal disclaimers apply, blah blah blah...

- - Paul Witek