crusty wheels and aluminiun rot

To my passionate and learned colleagues:

What protection is suggested for rapid aluminum
oxidation in a seacoast environment? I surmise, if the
chalky white dust is appearing, the aluminum is
disappearing... entropy, electrochemistry and all that
rot.

A local fellow of long experience in maintenance
suggested "spray-on ignition sealer," showing me some
steel pieces he'd sculpted from railroad rail that
look shiny and new in an atmosphere that'll rust a
nail to nothing faster than dropping it in a bottle of
Coke. He said ignition sealer was pretty common stuff
once, forty years ago, but neither he nor the local
auto parts emporia are able to show me the stuff. Any
experience with this stuff and a current manufacturer
or source?

Secondly, I'd like to know if the Campy "turbino"
wheels with my '81 Spider were originally painted or
coated. They appear to have been painted on the
outside. Inside, they're bare aluminum: all show
corrosion, especially the spare. How should I best
care for the painted and non painted sides, and when
should I be concerned about structural integrity
problems with advancing corrosion?

I live on the Washington coast, 100km North of
Astoria, Oregon, in South Bend, Washington. We have
about 100" of fresh water pour out of the sky every
year, but all that rain doesn't seem to wash the salt
out of the air. Rust, in any form, never sleeps.

P.J. Wise
'81 Spider Veloce "Verena Ragazza"
'85 BMW K100RS "Lil Fredrik Jernhard"