A/C

<<<<<<<<<<<
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 10:36:46 PST
From: "B Shuler" <ypp86w@domain.elided>
Subject: Air conditioning

Fortunately I already have the conversion to carbs, but hanging the
compressor low to starboard is still something of an issue.  The spica
mounting points are cast into the cylinder block as well as some
machining
in the front cover. >>>>>

Cut the Spica mounts off and plug the oil holes. I have seen it done to
put a 2 L into a 101 chassis.

<<<<<I'm not whipped yet.  Mr Hertzman also suggested consulting Vintage
Air in
San Antonio and with the exception of a clean, easy way to hang the
compressor, they have the solution to all the other questions you
raised.  I
recently saw a street rod project with a sanden comperessor mounted on a

fixed aliminum bracet bolted to yhe block an a heim-jointed rod to
adjust
tendion. I may emulate this and if so will post the design and
results.>>>>

Another option is to use the new type of compressor I hear hot rodders
are using. It runs from it's own electric motor. You can mount it
anywhere.

Paul Rollins