Re: Lead lubricates SPICA's?

Lead does nothing for the Spica system.  In fact, the opposite is true.  =
The use of lead in gasoline requires a lead scavenger, and the scavenger =
definitely has an adverse effect on gasoline lubricity.

The reason for using lead in gasoline was to increase octane.  An =
incidental benefit was the deposit of lead oxide on valve seats and upper =
cylinder walls, which can prevent exhaust valve seat recession and =
excessive wear on cylinder walls in vehicles with poor tolerances.  This =
occurs only AFTER combustion and does nothing for the engine or fuel =
delivery system prior to combustion.  I would expect that any fuel =
additive designed to replace lead will function in a similar manner.

This has been covered before, and I don't intend to start the thread on =
the AD again.

Back to lurking...

Loyd Heimbruch
Barnum, MN