Re: alfa-digest V7 #1283

> Subject: PLEASE Help: GTV6 Brights Stuck on*&%$
>
> PLease Help me,
> The Brights on my 86 GTV-6 are stuck on, I can turn them off but I am unable
> to use my regular beams!! If someone could email me and tell me how to
> disconnect or fix them, that would be great as I am leaving for school
> tomorow afternoon.
> Thanks,
> Jeff
> eini123@domain.elided

You've got a problem -- sounds like the light switch has gone South.

The only quick dodge I can think of would be to disconnect the bright
lamps (pull the socket off the back) and carefully interchange the high
(green/green-black) contacts with the low (grey/grey-black) contacts in
the three-contact (hi - low) sockets.  {Look at the sockets from the
plug-in side -- note a W shape in the metal -- a prong within the
inverted v holds them from coming out, and a fine tool pushed in there
will depress the prong and let the contact pull out.}  Or it may be easier
to interchange the correct grey with correct green; correct grey/black
with correct green/black contacts at the fuse-box -- or to interchange
the fat green and fat grey/black input wites to the fuse-box -- not easy
to figure what's which there without meter and wiring diagram.

r.m.bies