High Wattage Headlights

All my cars have been fitted with high wattage headlights for many years. My
164 has 90/130 watt headlights. My understanding is that if the bulbs are
too powerful it causes discolouration of the reflector. I also understand
that the key issue is the volume of the headlight. Therefore the 164 with
big square headlights is OK. (It too uses a moulded plastic housing) I have
not changed the bulbs on my wife's 80 series Landcruiser which has silly
little rectangular headlights because they just look too small.

Doug Gould
Melbourne, Australia
91 164L
86 GTV6