steering wheel puller for Milano

Hey gang,

I am trying to modify my steering wheel puller to work on my Milano, without
much luck.  The problem is that the bolts that came with the puller are
English threads, and also way too big.  I've determined that I need an M6
threaded bolt to fit in the two holes in the steering wheel, but I can't find
one long enough (4-5 inches).  The local fastener shop felt that threaded rod
would be too soft for this job.  I also checked with the local dealer, but
they don't have a factory puller anymore, so I can't look at theirs for ideas.
Has anybody else run into this problem?  I tried removing the wheel without a
puller and it didn't budge.  If all else fails I'll have a shop remove it, but
since I'm still a good six months away from employment I'm hoping for the
cheaper route.  I'm trying to install a Momo steering wheel as well as
replacing the semi-functional turn signal assembly.

Thanks!

Ian Lomax
MBA Candidate, Class of 2000
Carnegie Mellon University - GSIA