timing belt and general info 164

I just purchased a '91 164 base model and have
questions about the timing belt.

I'm told to replace the tensioner in addition to the
belt.  I've not yet looked to see which type of
tensioner my car has.  Which is the best type of
tensioner to have?  If my car already has the spring
type rather than hydralic does it still need
replacing?
I've purchased the CD rom repair manual but would like
to read alfa digest mailings related to timing belt
issues.  Where can these be found?  I'm new to the
digest and have not figured out how to search past
digests.

Thanks for the help,
Jerry (new user)