re Vlad and 164Q4 ptII

Thanks Vlad,
I was wondering if that may just be the case since the Q4 came out right
during the pull out also the basic car is the same as any US 164 so
replacement
US spec parts should be easy to come by and as far as EPA goes I believe the
Engine systems are the same on the Euro models and any added components
needed should not be hard to come by. For now I will continue to do research
untill I do my 2 weeks reserve duty in Italy this summer. I still think this
is doable
and I'm not talking about the Show car route but a conversion. The Gov.
sites list all the things that need to be done but some must be wrong or
outdated
like "objects in mirror are closer..." and seatbelt and key buzzers" my U.S.
spec 164L has niether of these as well as other thing the INFORMATIVE sites
list

"The only stupid question is the one not asked"
                 (any good teacher)

To Achieve Greatly you must be willing to fail Greatly
                 (John F Kennedy)

Vlad wrote:

About the Q4: I want to add some coments that i was hearing while in EU.LS
(known in EU under the name "Super") were said to be made "for USA" and sold
in EU as a variation from the base model.To get into the area of facts for
which i have evidence, the factory brochure talks about the Twin Spark motor
as meeting the US specs for it's day.I can supply a scan of the page if one
needs it.
Also, I think it makes sense that at one point they tried to limit the
variations in assembly parts and unified "US" and "EU" models at the high
end, like Q and probably Q4.What i infer from the brochure is that they
originally , at one point planned to ship to US at least more than one kind
of 164, engine-wise.Given the
(possible) fact (i base myself on "Auto Motor und Sport" listings) that at
one point the Q4 replaced the Q in the offered range, it is possible that it
inherited from the Q the US compliance and that it was in the works for
export at the time of the Big Whitdrawal.
You know what i would do? I would write a mail to Alfa, at their homepage
asking for US compliance details for the Q4.I bet they would answer..
Also, once the hardware is compatible, i think a big part of the problem is
out of the way.
Also, late Q and all Q4 came with the 6 speed transmission
Vlad
'91 164L