164Q4 and Lazy

I'm sorry if you think asking this forum for any personal insight to the
question of importing a car classifies me as lazy
 and yes I did check out the EPA/DOT and NHTSA sites as well as Sun
international and WETL labs. Again I was looking
for any personal experience and for others that might be interested this is
from one of the importers

In order to import vehicles manufactured for sale outside the United States,
you must satisfy the requirements of no less than three government agencies.
US Customs, the Department of Transportation (DOT), and the Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA). The requirements of each agency are discussed in
more detail on the corresponding pages. WETL imports vehicles for
individuals from countries all over the world. However, due to the cost
involved (on average $6000.00 US dollars), the majority of the vehicles
imported are Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Porsche ect. If you are able to obtain a
letter from the vehicle manufacture detailing the difference of your vehicle
verses the US version, WETL may be able to import the vehicle under less
stringent requirements. Many US manufactures will provide such letters for
vehicles built in the US for export.

And for the Gentleman who like myself and others would love to have a 164Q4
(yes all wheel drive) the going rate for a 1995 164Q4 fully loaded with
about 80,000
kilometers is around 10,000 Euro or about $10,500 . even with worse case of
$6000 as mentioned above that's still cheaper then a standard Q here in the
states

Curtiss Norheim
Not Lazy in Huntsville
91 164L