Re: alfa-digest V7 #1277 - De Misting

In a message dated 01/12/2000 9:13:50 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:45:56 -0800
 From: Robert Abatecola <robert@domain.elided>
 Subject: Re: GTV6 anomalies.

 This seems strange to me, but I have always have much better results
 with the defroster in my GTV6 when I turn on the A/C compressor and
 run COLD air instead of hot.  Works every time.  My windows (even
 side windows) clear up completely in seconds.  Passengers don't like
 freezing, but at least I can see.

   -Robert
    1985 GTV6
    1987 Spider Quadrifoglio

    I do not know about the GTV-6, but in the Milano and Spiders, you can
turn on both heat and air conditioning at the same time.  Sounds strange, but
the heat keeps you warm and the cold air conditioner removes the water vapor
from the air.  The water vapor is what causes the misting.
      This works especially well when driving on a cool rainy day.  Balance
cold air with enough heat to keep passengers and self comfy.  Nothing strange
about that, except that American cars have only one control for HVAC so you
cannot mix and match.  The Italians obviously have it figured out.  No
anomaly, I can detect.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City