Narcoleptic spider

<<<<<
I let the car idle in my driveway, after 5 min or so it died, up until it
died it was idling fine.

What has gone wrong now?  Does this sound like a failing fuel pump?  I
haven't run a fuel pressure test, I will latter today.  Do any of these
symptoms sound familiar?

As a matter of fact, this is exactly how my Milano's fuel pump failed, but
it's "more normal" for the fuel pump to simply die.  If you haven't already
replaced the fuel filter, you may want to replace it first, and drain the
gas tank to get rid of any crud in the tank.  It is possible that some crud
in the line floats in and blocks the fuel line when the pump is "sucking".

Remember, free mechanical advice is always worth at least what you pay for
it <g>.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 135k miles
1991 164L, "Peregrine", 66k miles