resurecting the thread on 16" rims on a Milano

Okay, so I made it through my crisis on the Milano (jeez Ted W., keep your
car!) and although I am nursing a tired clutch and synchros, I am ready to
buy rims. It is a marriage thing. You know, I get the rims, and gee honey, I
CAN'T sell the car with these new shiny things!

Anyway, I want to put 7" wide on the front and 8" or 8.5" wide on the back. I
can buy as set of CX three piece wheels from Compomotive in the UK, but it
will cost like US$1700 for the set of four. A little steep.

The car has a Shankle sport kit, and I am worried that 16" rims won't allow
me full suspension travel. After all, the reason I drive it is to have fun,
and I don't want to worry about rubbing, etc.

Discount Tire (per an earlier thread I picked up on and followed through
with) has 15" x 7" MAS MGR or Concord Type 1 wheels.

Has anybody on the list lowered a Milano and stuck 16" rims with tires that
have a non-zero sidewall?

Two non-related notes. First, I liked Luke's posting on the Mazer. Second, I
send in a request for information to Autodelta in the UK. All you yanks, did
you know they offer a 3.5L upgrade for the Verde??????? Don't tell me that
will SMOG! I can dream ...

Any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Peter Lundquist