dead spider

A new problem has appeared in my 88 Spider.

After driving for a short distance, 5 min or less, the car looses power
then dies.  If I try to start it again it will not start, if I sit and
wait for about 5 minutes then try it will start and drive fine, then 5
minutes latter it dies again.

I let the car idle in my driveway, after 5 min or so it died, up until
it died it was idling fine.

What has gone wrong now?  Does this sound like a failing fuel pump?  I
haven't run a fuel pressure test, I will latter today.  Do any of these
symptoms sound familiar?

Kelly M.
88 Spider
Sac CA