Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

In a message dated 01/10/2000 7:04:36 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:19:31 -0800
 From: Chris Attias <cattias@domain.elided>
 Subject: GTV-6 Exhaust Leak

 Advice needed...I finally got around to replacing the center and rear
 sections of my exhaust system last weekend, but the two pipes that
 connect the cat to the middle section still leak.

 It looks like the band clamps are "sprung", and can't be tightened
 enough.  I had been trying for a few months to buy the proper
 replacement clamps from several Alfa parts places, but they seem to
 be "no longer available", so in desperation, I got a couple of
 Amurican U bolt clamps, and cinched them up just before the slits in
 the larger pipes--no good.

 Does anyone have a good solution short of welding the cat to the
 middle box? Thanks,

 Chris Attias
 '84 GTV-6
 '64 MGB