Shankle heel toe kit worked for me.

The Shankle heel toe kit was the most pleasant upgrade ever on my 86 spider.
It took less than 10 minutes to install, and I will never remove it.  I love
the feel of the pedal and the throttle response is much more to my liking.
Maybe it works for some cars only, or maybe it falls into the subjective
category.  I suggest to try it if you are not pleased with the current
configuration, remove it, and return it if it isn't for you.  As for me, I
like it.

Rick Rodosta
Eugene  OR
86 Spider